Saturday, January 01, 2000


Spanish Moon



 

Intro – congas, drums, bass, organ, guitar, big horns

 

Verse 1:

Well the night that I got into town
Was the night that the rain had froze on the ground
Down the street I heard such a sorrowful tune
Comin' from the place they call the Spanish Moon


Horn riff


Verse 2:

Well I stepped inside and stood by the door
While a dark-eyed girl sang and played the guitar
There was hookers and hustlers they filled up the room
I heard about this place they call the Spanish Moon


Chorus:

Whiskey and bad cocaine

Poison get you just the same

And if that, that don’t kill you soon

The women will down at the Spanish Moon

 

Ride syncopated dotted notes on keys, then horn section, then guitar
[Here’s where mashup tunes go if doing mashup]

Well, I pawned my watch, and I sold my ring
Just to hear that girl sing
Don't care who, you can wake up ruined
You can lose it all down at the Spanish Moon

 

Chorus

Outro to just bass + drums

No comments:

Post a Comment