Monday, January 14, 2008

Random album cover creation

I just hadda play this meme. Randomly create your own album. I tried it and it was so fun I decided to go ahead and post it.

1. Band name. The first article title on the page is the name of your band.
2. Album title. The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album.
3. Photo. The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover. You then take the pic and add your band name and the album title to it, then post your pic.

Moder Gorob is my band's name. Sculpture honoring those killed by Pakistani military for agitating for the use of their own language in Bangladesh. Ok, kinda interesting.

Title is from Einstein. I like that. The test of experience. Sounds meaningful.

Photo is what made me go through with actually putting it together and posting it.




OTOH, if my actual old band ever got back together for a reunion album, it might look something like this:




And the songs might be:

I Could Have Loved Her (remix: but I was out of pills) – McNamara/Sklamba (previously released as a BHD single)

Keep on Rockin' in the Free World – Young

By Request (aka We Don't Play That Shit) – Maier

Flyin' to Noo Awlins (cuz I'm too old to walk that far) – original by Charles (and Fats Domino)

Technicolor Tech Writer Blues – Maier

Transparent Day – Harris/Markley (previously recorded by BHD but never released)

I Might Be Old Now But I Still Fucked Your Girlfriend During Our First Break at That Tulane Frat Party in 1965 [yet to be written] – Maier/Mangiapane

Allons Danser, Katrina – Cajun folk tune (revised as an homage to the evil bitch who kicked all our asses in 2005)

Ooh Ooh Song – Geraldo (Pat Benatar group)

The Kendo (Black-and-)Blues – Maier

I'm Gonna Leave (remix: as soon as I remember where my keys are – based on the prophetic line in the original: "Where're th' keys to mah cah?") – Sklamba/Mangiapane (previously released as a BHD single)

Come Again? – Maier

5 comments:

  1. Very cool! And your band reunion cover has me laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? No King Crimson covers???

    ReplyDelete
  3. King Crimson!?

    To quote Obi-Wan Kenobi, "There's a name I've not heard in a long time... a long time."

    I was kinda thinking about covering stuff like "Stranded in the Jungle" by the Jayhawks or something by Screamin' Jay Hawkins, maybe "The Constipation Blues." (I think I still have a 45 of that one.) However, I decided to go for a bit of realism. If we actually got back together in the studio, this is a list we might realistically all agree on.

    And I'll satisfy *my* zydeco sensibility with my Katrina version of "Allons Danser, Colinda." Maybe Morganza to the Gulf could do a cover of one of Queen Ida's tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun and creative Frank! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yet another very thought-provoking result to this meme. Love the picture.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete