Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Book meme

Stolen from here.

0. Take five books off your bookshelf.
1. Book #1 -- first sentence
2. Book #2 -- last sentence on page fifty
3. Book #3 -- second sentence on page one hundred
4. Book #4 -- next to the last sentence on page one hundred fifty
5. Book #5 -- final sentence of the book
6. Make the five sentences into a paragraph.

Because I've recently been blogging about science-fiction, I decided to do this as a genre exercise. All books used were from my sf collection. It almost makes sense. I admit I did a little searching because purely random grabbing of titles made for worthless nonsense which would not have been amusing. Here it is:

The Patrol ship, Starfire, Vegan registry came into her last port in the early morning; and she made a bad landing, for two of her eroded tubes blew just as the pilot tried to set her down on her fins. "I have piloted ships in my time but I have had no experience with the late-model pocket cruiser." "You have no control over the ground outside this area." Because Borges said nothing, Acosta needed two seconds to realize his predicament. "Well," the captain muttered, heading hurriedly across the outer room towards the passage, "here we go again!"

1. Andre Norton - Star Rangers
2. Isaac Asimov - Foundation's Edge
3. Arthur C. Clarke - The Fountains of Paradise
4. Dean Ing - The Nemesis Mission
5. James Schmitz - The Witches of Karres

No comments:

Post a Comment