Thursday, April 17, 2008

Speaking of pseudoscience

I know many of my readers love to play with astrology and similar amusements. (Is there a phrenologist in the house?) I recently saw this meme and had to steal it just to show how idiotic this crap is, especially given that this is my birth month and it seems somehow appropriate. Basic meme is here.

APRIL:
Active and dynamic. Opposite.
Decisive and hasty but tends to regret. Opposite.
Attractive and affectionate to oneself. Opposite.
Strong mentality. Yep.
Loves attention. Kinda.
Diplomatic. Sometimes.
Consoling, friendly and solves people’s problems. Yep.
Brave and fearless. Opposite.
Adventurous. Yep.
Loving and caring. Yep.
Suave and generous. Opposite. Yep.
Emotional. Opposite.
Aggressive. Opposite.
Hasty. Opposite.
Good memory. Sometimes.
Moving. Opposite.
Motivates oneself and others. Opposite.
Sickness usually of the head and chest. Ok, sure. The same place everybody gets colds and flu, ya mean?
Sexy in a way that only their lover can see. Yep cuz that really means "not sexy," right?

Not only do I not conform closely to this list but 50% of my answers are precisely "OPPOSITE"! Yes, I'm April, Taurus, Rat and that means about as much as the fact that my birthday is the same as that of U. S. Grant, possibly the most inept president in history, Sandy Dennis, what an actress - not!, and only 7 days after another famous Taurus, Adolph Hitler.

I believe a more sophisticated astrological assessment than just "taurus" would reveal that I have my mojo rising and my moon is sticking out the car window.

Now that does sound more like me!

And "No!" I don't want to know anything about Uranus! Myanus is in my (out-the-window) moon and I'm hoping there are no Klingons anywhere!

4 comments:

  1. If you're going to pick on astrology, you'll have to find an astrology meme. That one is using birth month instead of astrological periods.

    Here, try this list of traits from the Taurus entry on Wikipedia -- and try to filter these past your low-self-esteem reflex, k?

    disciplined
    hard-working
    good sense of humor
    prudent
    great work-ethic
    artistic
    loving
    creative
    romantic
    sensual
    Very sexual
    attentive
    comforting
    strong
    steady
    introverted
    organized
    cautious
    harmonious
    trustworthy
    calm
    tenacious
    stable
    patient
    resourceful
    easygoing
    careful
    dependable
    honest
    conservative
    determined
    loyal
    protective
    practical
    controlling
    stubborn
    gets stuck in ruts
    resentful
    possessive
    overindulgent
    jealous
    overly self-conscious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell us how you really feel about this crap Frank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! I think Steph wins the award for snarkiest comment! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete