Thursday, August 14, 2008

Quirks? Me?

My lovely Ronnie hit me with this so I'll do it...

Mention six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself. Tag six other bloggers by linking to them. Go to each person's blog and leave a comment that lets them know they've been tagged. If you participate, let the person who tagged you know you've posted your quirks!

I find the constraints somewhat oxymoronic: quirky yet boring and unspectacular? What dat is? Fine, I'll be quirky but I won't quibble. And I don't do the tagging thing. Aside from that, here ya go:

1. When focused on something (book, movie, etc.), I unconsciously pick at my toenails, sometimes to the point of pulling them completely off.

2. I typically can't just do one entertainment thing, it's insufficient input. If I'm watching a movie, I hafta have a book to read or vice versa.

3. I love art of most kinds but have no personal skill. Lots of appreciation but no ability.

4. I kinda fulfill my creative/artistic drive with architecture. I love to do architectural design (I use 3-D Home Architect) and I get great satisfaction from home improvement projects.

5. I tend to use Latin and Greek phrases and allusions despite the fact that most people don't understand 'em. What can I say? "Benefits of a classical education."

6. I like to wear T-shirts and shorts or a suit/tuxedo. I hate wearing country club-ish, yuppie casual, inbetween stuff. Slacks and an Izod shirt, ya know? Ick!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to (semi-dry)land!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm giving you an award. (yay!) You can pick it up at http://awesomerandomosity.blogspot.com/2008/08/totally-brill.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your surgery goes well and that you recover quickly! Looking forward to more tales, sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have never suspected you of having quirks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, all. I guess I'll compose my trip report while I sit around recuperating from my meniscectomy. Happily, it doesn't have too many exciting episodes and NO hurricanes, except around the edges.

    ReplyDelete