Thursday, October 16, 2008

30-questions meme

Self-explanatory. Here I go:

1. Person with the same name as you?
My grandfather. Guy for whom they named the "Frank Maier marathon" in Alaska. German actor. Australian boxer. Several others.

2. Where was your first kiss?
Hell if I remember. It was about a thousand years ago.

3. Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else’s property?
No.

4. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
No.

5. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people?
Yes. See this post for a hint at my musical history.

6. What’s the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Literal answer: Body type is, obviously, the first thing I "notice." Secondarily, personality characteristics. The personality characteristics are more long-lasting and more significant… unless, of course, she has a *great* body.

7. What really turns you on?
Intelligence.

8. What do you order at Starbucks?
Nothing. I don't drink coffee and the only hot chocolate I like is Ovaltine. And I ain't gonna spend that kinda money for a cup of tea.

9. What is your biggest mistake?
Just one? Sheesh.

10. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
No.

11. Say something totally random about yourself.
I love my car.

12. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Sometimes I get Richard Dreyfuss comments. Wanna hear me say, "This was no boat accident!"?

13. Do you still watch kiddy movies or TV shows?
Some. I like many Disney movies.

14. Did you have braces?
No.

15. Are you comfortable with your height?
I'm used to my height but I am awfully short for an American male.

16. What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?
My wife and daughters let me take three weeks away from home to help my pal Bob move his new boat from Florida to Louisiana. Wonderful for me; a big sacrifice for them.

17. When do you know it’s love?
When you're still crazy about her after more than 20 years together.

18. Do you speak any other languages?
No. Not terrible in Latin. Used to be pretty good at Cajun French but I've been away for more than 30 years.

19. Have you ever been to a tanning salon?
Yeah. Once to prep for a Caribbean trip in the Winter. (I live in the rusty Northwest where the sun doesn't shine in the Winter.)

20. What magazines do you read?
Whatever's on the coffee table.

21. Have you ever ridden in a limo?
Yes. The best was a 1950s Rolls Royce.

22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away?
Yes. All 4 grandparents, my mother, two uncles, and my older sister (Marjie).

23. Do you watch MTV?
Not often nowadays.

24. What’s something that really annoys you?
Willful ignorance.

25. What’s something you really like?
Sex.

26. Do you like Michael Jackson?
Now that he's a mutant and probably a child molester, I dislike *him*. Still like some of his music.

27. Can you dance?
I'm pretty good for an old White guy.

28. What’s the latest you have ever stayed up?
More than 24 hours.

29. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
No.

30. Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?
Yeah. They're interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment