Monday, November 24, 2008

20 questions meme

The rules:
A) People who have been tagged must write their answers on their blogs & replace any question that they dislike with a new question. I replaced one, #14.
B) Tag 8 people to answer the questions. I don't tag people. If you find this interesting, take it and lemme know.

1. How many songs are on your iPod?
Eye-pod? I doan got no steenking eye-pod. Fucking Apple crap. I still like to listen to 33rpm wax/vinyl albums on my belt-driven turntable with a Stanton 681EEE cartridge on a weight-adjustable tone arm. Or 45s. 45s are good, too.

2. What music would you want played at your funeral?
Aside from a coupla older Black gospel tunes like Mornin' Train ("That evenin' train might be too late! I'm goin' home on the mornin' train!") I want a serious all-night party of hard-driving blues, r&b, and rock 'n' roll! Wouldn't mind a classic Noo Awlins second-line strut when it's all done. My full funeral plan is in this post.

3. What magazines do you have subscriptions to?
None. That was easy.

4. What is your favorite scent?
Best: Ronnie after sex. Runners-up: Uptown New Orleans in the early Fall. Offshore sea air. Cool, fresh N2O from a full-coverage mask. 100LL avgas. Crawfish boiling.

5. If you had a million dollars that you could only spend on yourself, what would you do with it?
Pah! A million doesn't really go very far these days. I'd buy a used Fountaine-Pajot sailing catamaran and keep it in the Caribbean. I'd also buy a Velocity airplane (kitplane - but built by a professional shop for me) and keep it hangared at AWO. I'd invest the remaining (approximately) half million to pay for maintenance of these two items and the costs associated with travelling with the family between the two locations in my Velocity. Frequently. Depending on their progress, I might sneak $100K out of that remainder to buy a ticket on a VirginGalactic suborbital flight but I'd really prefer to wait for an orbital opportunity.

6. What is your theme song?
Mmmnnn, I guess I'll go with Keep On Rockin' In the Free World by the inestimable Neil Young, except that my historic choice of theme song would hafta be Big Chief by Professor Longhair.

7. Do you trust easily?
No. And I never forget. Never. I am trying to work on the forgiveness thing, however. Especially for myself.

8. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think?
I think before I think. I overthink the shit out of everything.

9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?
The philosophical and ethical destruction of our country, and physical destruction of other countries, by the neopuritans, starting with Reagan and finishing with the current Bush. I have tenuous hope for improvement in the future.

10. Do you have a good body-image?
No. I'm so fat that I detest looking in reflective surfaces.

11. Is being tagged fun?
Sure. It means someone is thinking of you when they're doing something interesting and fun. That's nice.

12. How do you spend your social networking (Facebook, etc.) time?
Reading newsgroups and blogs and occasionally writing posts for this blog.

13. What have you been seriously addicted to lately?
My core addiction is the same as it has been all my life: I want to know everything. I'm addicted to learning.

14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is? Original question. Since I wasn't tagged, I'm changing it to: Why do people still believe in the supernatural?
I would have thought we were in the process of outgrowing that as a species starting with the Age of Reason but here we are in the 21st century and people still believe in stuff like Young Earth Creationism and The Secret. I just don't understand it. Hell, forget the Age of Reason, Lucretius wrote De Rerum Natura more than two thousand years ago and look what good that did. Instead of seeing ignorance and superstition wither on the vine, we've had a lotta new religions created since then. Sometimes I just wanna weep for humanity.

15. What’s the last song that got stuck in your head?
Kung Fu Fighting. Every time that damned commercial for that dumbass Kung Fu Panda movie comes on tv, and it comes on often!, that song sticks like superglue.

16. What’s your favorite item of clothing?
Shorts and T-shirt with Crocs. Individual item? My ItalFly jacket, given to me by Gianguido.

17. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy?
Barely edible as Rice Krispies Treats. The cereal itself is horrid.

18. What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground?
Is this a trick question? Pick it up, of course. If its source were obvious, e.g. I saw it fall from someone's pocket, I'd return it. Otherwise, hooray for me.

19. What items could you not go without during the day?
Coke (Coca-Cola, that is. Cocaine is not a drug of choice for me.) Something to read. Some TV. Interacting with Ronnie and the girls. Hot malt-flavor Ovaltine with marshmallow creme is good.

20. What should you be doing right now?
Accomplishing stuff. Busy week coming up.

3 comments:

  1. Frank, you crack me up. A nice antidote to some stupid online stupidity I've just been seething over.

    And personally, I think a skim Frank would not be nearly so nice to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have time to answer 20 questions.

    And thanks for your entertaining comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I answered the questions as YOU listed them :) Over at Nani Moon

    ReplyDelete