Sunday, November 09, 2008

I'm a 1989 Supercharged MR-2

As you can tell from the header but...

I usually don't like this kind of online quiz cuz they're typically waaaayy stupid. However, I was amazed that this one nailed it on the head for me. By far the most accurate quiz of this type I've ever taken. If I had the spare nickles, about the only car I'd realistically want to purchase to replace Mister-Two [It's got a blower, Max! - Name that movie reference and win a prize.] would be a Lotus Elise. Toyota powerplant and Lotus handling. What could be better?

Actually the MR-2 was originally planned as the same sorta deal, a collaboration between Toyota and Lotus. When Lotus decided not to put the vehicle into production, Toyta slapped that not-exactly-beautiful body on it and sold it as the Toyota MR-2. It's a helluva pocket-rocket but with Toyota dependability. What could be better? Oh, did I ask that already? Sorry.

Take the Which Sports Car Are You? quiz.

I'm a Lotus Elise!



(So quick, it's already going out of frame!)

You believe in maximum performance and minimum baggage. You like to travel light and fast, hit the corners hard, and dance like there's no tomorrow.

And I even like the color! [Name that movie reference and win a prize.]

10 comments:

  1. I'm a Mazda Miata - how cute!!

    I know the second quote is from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, but I don't know the first one. The name Max made me think of the Goofy Movie - one of my all-time favorites! - but I don't remember if Goofy ever says that. Or, wait - maybe it's his friend? PJ? OK, I need to stop now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a mazda mx-8 apparently. but i'm not a mazda mx-8 gosh dangit!

    i'll go with the obvious - mad max???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, then, the contest is now closed with Craig's excellent guess of Mad Max for the first.

    Whatcha want, Craig? Some Noo Awlins food at (US) Thanksgiving?

    And I gotta think of something I can mail to the East coast for Caren for being the first to answer the Indiana Jones quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Mercedes SLK. A bit of a tank, I can live with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I get points *deducted* for completely spacing on Mad Max!! How could I not remember that? Evan and I *just* watched Mad Max, then The Road Warrior. AND, in my twenties, I dated a man with whom I agreed that our future kids would be named
    1) Indiana Jones - good for either gender! and
    2) Max

    Goofy Movie, indeed. Although, I do love the Goofy Movie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, no, no. The only prizes Canadians get in this house are pink Hostess Snoballs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an intersting mix of cars we are. I think we've discovered a new school of psychotherapy.

    And as a general FYI, Craig has demanded Hostess Sno-ball jambalaya done up like a dead armadillo for his prize. I'll hafta put some work in on that one. Dunno if that particular recipe will be enshrined in the family cookbook.

    ReplyDelete