Thursday, January 29, 2009

February Holiday

We are officially declaring February as Maier Hibernation Month. After our hectic 2008 and the emotional start of 2009, we just need some time to be quiet. February oughta do it. After all, it's a short month anyway and we have Chloe's b'day in March to start our procession of Active and Exciting Spring Events. So, February is our time to recharge. If you don't hear much from us, or at least, me, that's why.

Thanks more than I can say to everyone for your support and internet/e-mail hugs during my dad's death and funeral. That meant a lot to me. For a guy raised in the grand (NOT!) American tradition of men-don't-cry, I've certainly had a few leaky moments over the last coupla weeks and anticipate a few more as I adjust to this loss.

Music is central to my soul and the one thing I'm gonna spend mental effort on this month is preparing a song for the LIFEisGood talent show. Our shy little family discussed it, agreed to participate this year, and chose a song to work on. We'll see how it goes. I haven't had much experience working with amateur musicians, so I hope we can make it happen! (VBG!)

How does that old country song go? Daddy sang bass, momma sang tenor, MJ and Chloe will be there in the middle... with me not exactly singing bass and Ronnie not precisely singing tenor. But we'll belt out something.

Unfortunately, we also gotta think of a NAME for our group! Shit! That's the hard part!

6 comments:

  1. I like the whole February hibernation thing. I may try that too. Look forward to you all showing up on YouTube right after LIG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a well earned hiatus for all of you. Can't wait to see you guys at the conference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good time with each other in hibernation mode. We'll wait for ya.

    Jeff and I are also working on something. This year should be so much fun!!! (As if we would ever expect anything different...) Can't wait to see you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your well deserved hibernation. We'll see you in the Spring, friends. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to have caught you just before February 1st :) Just in the nick of time ;) Merci beaucoup for the spuds et al.....

    a presto,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think February's the perfect time to hibernate. Let me know if you need provisions of any kind.

    ReplyDelete