Monday, January 19, 2009

Phrase of the day

Tougher than a $0.25 steak!

Stolen from some forgotten thirties movie but oh-so-applicable to my silly old dad. Medical folks were talking about a 24~48-hour period for his final breath as of Friday night. Today, he's still hanging in. He's distinctly failing, with shallow, rapid breathing, which is nastily wet, and a very shallow, thready, and hard-to-find pulse. But he ain't ready to give it up yet.

Tough? Hell, yeah. They don't build 'em like that any more.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome guy he was! And tough as nails, I'm sure.

    I saw on Ronnie's blog that Dad passed away this afternoon. I'm so sorry you had to say good-bye but so glad he lived such a long life with so many people who loved him.

    We're thinking of you all and wishing you peace.

    {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete