Monday, February 16, 2009

Arte y pico


The gracious and generous Ginger has handed me a handsome honorarium. How could I possibly refuse? My only caveat is that I don't read blogs because of their design or because they "contribute to the blogosphere," whatever the hell that means. I pretty much read my friends' blogs to see what they're up to. Nonetheless, here it is.

These are the rules to accept the award:
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award. No, sorry. I don't give awards to people and then turn it into a left-handed obligation to me, or worse, to some unknown third party.
4.The award winner and one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y Pico" blog so everyone will know the origin of this award. Same as #3. If this is an award to someone whom I enjoy reading, then it is, by definition, not an homage to the originator of the concept, no matter how fabulous he/she might be. I'll put up the image but not a link. If you really wanna see the origin, I'll bet you can figure out how to get there on your own.
5. To show these rules.

In no specific order:

Ronnie, the KreweQueen of the good ship (and family blog) Zombie Princess. She writes about our (my!) life and I barely recognize it because it sounds so much better when she tells it.

Linda at FourLittleBirds because she's honest and interesting.

Laura at CenterDownHome because she's genuine and is one of the few blogs which I can reference which has an artistic component. She's very skilled.

Nonimaginary Kelly at ShesInTransition because she's insightful and an innovative writer.

Mary at Zenmomma'sGarden because she's The Conference Goddess and a swell person.

Laureen at TheExcellentAdventure because she's a thoughtful writer and lives on a 47' cat.

P.S. For those of you wedded to limited, small-minded, schoolish versions of what they laughably call "math," the above list is 5 - for large values of 5. Ok?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, friend, I was just about to call you on the whole 5 thing... :) Thanks accepting this. Thanks, more, for sharing your wit. Can't wait to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Frank! I am touched! :)

    Unfortunately, I have severe blogawardophobia and never seem to be able to bring myself to participate. Rather than sending Sasheen Littlefeather to decline for me, I will visit the other blogs you have nominated here. Cuz that's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why, thank you Frank! I appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete