Monday, February 16, 2009

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.

In an earlier post, I told of the girls' naming of their guitar and bass, respectively. I also asked about naming my synthesizer, which I've had for twenty years or so, but which I never bothered to name. It's a lot easier to cart around than a Hammond C-3! Heck!, it's even smaller and easier to transport than my old Farfisa Combo-compact.

Anyway, Stephanie came up with the unbeatable name, so I'm just gonna go with it. Meet Synthia:


However, Synthia is a fairly long name, so a nickname seems appropriate. Perhaps Gloria, as Steph suggested; everybody could then help spell her name when we perform the eponymous hit song by Van Morrison. Perhaps Vera, she's Jayne's favorite; mine, too. I could write a new song called Vera. Or perhaps you could suggest a nickname for Synthia?

4 comments:

  1. Jayne has a song. Vera should have a song. It's only fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it simple, you know i's a sin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got nuthin'. But I like Synthia!

    ReplyDelete