Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A little blues for youse

Once upon a time (sometime during Winter2004/Spring2005 to be more precise), Ronnie was doing a contract at Microsoft and having some difficulties with some coworkers. I felt moved to write a blues tune for her. It was when we had our exchange student, Chiara, here; so the three girls (Chloe, MJ, and Chiara) are the backup singers on this little ditty. We recorded it on the crappy computer mike, with my OLD guitar, affectionately called "the canoe paddle," and emailed it to her. She was amused, which was the point.

And now, for your amusement, the Technicolor Tech Writer Blues.



I recently rediscovered this on a "lost" CD, that's why you're getting stuck listening to it now.

The new family look. (wink)

4 comments:

  1. Ha! I loved that! Now, at this point in the show, my three would holler "Play Jam and Toast!"

    I don't know what that means, but they holler it. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're calling for Jam Toast, a kid-punk group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Can you write us one for working too many jobs. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, maybe I could write one for y'all in J-rock style, as requested by Laura on her FaceBook comment. That could be amusing.

    ReplyDelete