Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Adult meme

From Linda H.—

Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids? Here's a list of questions for the people who are a little older. Copy and paste into your own note, then answer the questions. Finally, tag your friends (including me, please!). The usual thing, in other words.

I don't do tagging but here's mine.


1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
I hate them all so much that I have Ronnie do them.

2. Do you miss being a child?
I am finally a child. I wasn't when I was young.

3. Chore you hate the most?
Yes.

4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Romio's Restaurant, nice local Italian-ish place. Last nicer romantic dinner was Ruth's Chris.

5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
Well, in the context of absolute power over the past, I'd undo the car wreck we had when I was two. My older sister died.

6. Name of your first grade teacher?
Sister Mary Discipline. All my grammar school teachers were Sister Mary Discipline. The Catholic Church learned how to do cloning centuries ago from a secret manuscript which they stole from DaVinci.

7. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Sailing in the Caribbean.

8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Astronaut.

9. How many colleges did you attend?
Just one, the University of New Orleans.

10.Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It's warm and comfortable and it was on top in the warm-shirt drawer.

11. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
They're artifically low and should rise to a realistic level. See what that does to spur efforts on renewable resources.

12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
I think I heard Ronnie's alarm. I dunno why she sets one. I don't set one. My typical wakeup thought is, "So, what's gonna happen today?"

13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
Shit. I don't remember. Probably a grump about the rain I could hear pounding on the skylights.

14. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Burt Rutan.

15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
Several but none in more than 40 years.

16. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?
Maybe.

17. Get up early or sleep in?
Early sucks. I'm pretty sure it was invented by Satan during that contest thing he had with God over Job.

18. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Maybe Cartman from South Park.

19. Favorite thing to do at night?
Sleep.

20. When did you first start feeling old?
I guess when I blew out my knee last year but I still don't really feel old.

21. Favorite lunch meat?
Oyster po-boy. Oyster is a lunch meat. Seriously.

22. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
I never go to Wal-Mart.

23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Not especially. I believe bonding is part of our genetic makeup. I think "marriage" should be more broadly defined.

24. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
Ummn, maybe "The 10 Commandments" cuz I'm an atheist? But I love sand-and-sandal epics and it's a great one. Maybe "While You Were Sleeping" cuz it's a "chick flick?" I dunno.

25. What's your favorite drink?
Kir royale. Rum punch. Wait! I know! A delicious Zombie Princess cocktail.

26. Who from high school would you like to run into?
Mange is the only person from high school I kept in touch with over the years. I'd love to play music with him again. We had a LOT of fun when we did our band reunion in '91.

27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
Air America or any of a variety of music stations.

28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Neither. Howzabout Dexter?

29. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
Gosh. Just one. Fuck if I know.

30. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?
I quit work in '95. At that time I had a lovely corner office.

31. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes?
Yes. Car fire. I keep fire extinguishers in all our vehicles.

32. Last book you finished reading?
The very last book I finished was Jane Haddam's "Living Witness." The last meaningful book I finished was "Phantom Warrior," a fascinating tale of a WWII grunt who single-handedly fought and killed over 100 enemy troops in a single engagement and what his life was like after the war.

33. Do you have a teddy bear?
No.

34. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
This question is kinda silly, isn't it? Bivouacked 4000 feet below the summit of Mt. Rainier. In the cockpit of the Zombie Princess during hurricane Rita. Those are somewhat unusual.

35. Do you go to church?
Raised Catholic, chose atheism in my teens.

36. How old are you?
Older than my teeth and younger than the moon. But not by much. 61

3 comments:

  1. Rutan's the guy who built the shuttlecock spacecraft, I'm thinking (or that's my name for it) ... I LUVd what I read of him on that link you gave. Really cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burt Rutan is one of the great aviation designers of all time. The "shuttlecock" is SpaceShipOne, the first private spacecraft and they're working on the *commercial* version as we speak. It's possible his space effort will be leapfrogged by the space elevator but his work has been historical. I want this plane which is based on one of his designs. Efficient, fast, *stall-proof*, and it's even aesthetically beautiful. Did I mention that it's stall-proof? Do you know why most private aircraft crash? STALL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot now .. my 12 year old (homeschooled) nephew -who has time to look into and develop the interest- told me about the LEO plane which I had not been keeping up with. I didn't know it was a Rutan invention.

    Sheesh --- stall proof! That's great. He didn't tell me that. I'm sure he knows it though.

    I'm going to visit him and his family during the holidays. My fave relatives. They visited us last month and stayed here several days. I'm so lucky that way.

    ReplyDelete