Thursday, October 22, 2009

Share the gratitude #1

My friend Clint started this and I think I'm gonna participate. Every Wednesday leading up to Thanksgiving, he's gonna post 5 things he's grateful for. Contrary to my usual snarky disposition, which is exacerbated when I'm writing, especially at Thanksgiving, about which I could complain endlessly, I am instead gonna adopt this positive approach and play along.

Five things I'm grateful for:

1. Ronnie.
2. MJ.
3. Chloe.
4. Love.
5. Life.

Perhaps I'll drill down to more specific items in subsequent posts. There will be several opportunities, after all. But these are biggies and, while they may be simplistic and/or stereotypical, they are nonetheless real, genuine, and infinitely significant.

4 comments:

  1. I just read your fantastic post here. It seems like we share the attitude that “Gratitude is good for you.” Grateful Nation is an online community that gives grateful people the opportunity and resources to connect, give back, and be thankful. Jump into the unending cycle of gratitude ~ http://www.gratefulnation.org

    Thank you, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. smooches, frank! such a sweetie! I know your girls are grateful for YOU, too! What a great unit you guys are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea :) I think I'll do it too...thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Denise! Hope y'all are enjoying some nice Fall weather and outstanding Saints football!

    Cid, this should definitely go with your blogging efforts!

    ReplyDelete