Saturday, December 05, 2009

Night out (December blogfest)

Night out. Did you have a night out with friends or a loved one that rocked your world? Who was there? What was the highlight of the night?

I can see that there's gonna be some overlap in my answers to the prompts I choose to respond to. Dass awrite. Dat don' boddah me, no. Pas de tout!

I've said it before, music is a big part of my life. I always have a soundtrack going for my life's movie, even if it's only in my head. Some of my most fun times ever were my adventures playing rock 'n' roll in New Orleans and nearby areas in the '60s but that was decades ago. My most excellent night out with family and friends this year was playing music with The Greybeards and their callipygian Hot Backup Chicks.

I've told the background story of this group elsewhere on this blog. The specific answer to this prompt is the night of the Farewell Dance for the Good Vibrations Unschooling Conference where we were the house band, playing our hearts out for family and friends.

The energy of playing live music is unequalled when you're playing for/with an excited crowd of wonderful pepople who are dancing and grooving and enjoying the hell out of the experience. The bonus was that my wife was in the band with me, as a Hot Backup Chick, and my daughters were in the crowd having fun, except when they joined us behind the mikes for a group rendition of YMCA. Additionally, the crowd was composed of our unschooling friends of all ages and the room just glowed with fun and friendship.

Here is the YouTube channel with about a dozen of the two dozen songs we played that night.

Unfortunately, I don't have a photo from Good Vibrations with a clear view of Alex, our drummer, in it. If anybody has one, please share it with me so I can use it here. Thanks!


Here's one at Good Vibrations of The Greybeards without the Hot Backup Chicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment