Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tea (December blogfest)

Tea of the year. I can taste my favorite tea right now. What's yours?

Mine is the unseasonal, cool-down treat lemonade-tea. This drink is sometimes called an "Arnold Palmer" but you'll never hear me say that. Apologies to my friends who like the sport, but golf? Just kill me now. I enjoyed watching golf just once - during the movie Happy Gilmore.

This is a very flexible drink which can be biased toward the lemonade or the tea, can be strong or weak, etc. I like it best when the lemonade is made from fresh-squeezed lemons sweetened with a simple syrup made from super-refined white cane sugar and the tea is a somewhat strong brew of a black tea like Irish Breakfast. My personal mix favors the lemonade side a bit. Serve it in a tall glass over ice with a slice of lemon as a garnish. Me, I don't like mint in my drinks, but if you do, feel free to add a sprig. Ahhhhh!



Feeling festive? Add some vodka. Or feel a bit more Southern by adding bourbon. Or do it Noo Awlins-style with Southern Comfort. Or go all the way down to the islands with added rum.

NOW we're drinking lemonade-tea!

Late addition: Ronnie suggested that I add my "recipe" for quick-and-dirty lemonade-tea made from powdered mix(es). Here 'tis:

3/4 of the recommended amount of powdered lemonade to make a half-gallon.
1/2 of the recommended amount of powdered instant (sweetened) iced tea to make a half-gallon.
1/2 gallon of water. [Sparkling water is an interesting variation].
Stir.

Yes, you did notice that this mix is "richer" than recommended. That's how I roll. Can you dig it?

2 comments:

  1. The VV (vodka version) seems particularly timely since it is on our order for smuggled goods en route to Canada via your vehicle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah Viola didn't really say that, it's her mother logged in accidentally to her account! OOPS!!!!

    ReplyDelete