Sunday, March 14, 2010

Yet another music-related post

In my continuing quest to bankrupt us, I bought a personal, performance microphone today. Most of you who read me also read Ronnie, so you know her thoughts on singing and what it can mean personally. I've had a similar journey in coming to a comfortable place with singing the lead vocal on songs. I always loved singing backup but was very uncomfortable with the sound of my own voice when it came to singing lead.

However, I have come to accept that I do sing lead on a number of songs for the Greybeards and I can choose to be comfortable or uncomfortable with that. Why not be comfortable with it? No, I'm not Enrico Caruso. I'm not even Mick Jagger. Maybe I can come close to matching Bob Dylan, Neil Young, or Tom Petty vocally but even if that's so, I'll never have their overall talent. That's ok. I'm not them; I'm me.

Hello! I'm Frank and I sing (a lot of) lead for The Greybeards.

So I bought myself the mike I love. It won't make my voice any better but it makes me feel better. And I like that. Here's my new Sennheiser ew135 WIRELESS mike! It's so cool I could plotz!

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to hear you through auto-tune!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear it put to use! :)

    ReplyDelete