Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Roadtrip Day 015


Roadtrip Day 015
Thursday

Our first rain of the trip, a tiny, short shower in the wee hours of the morning. All dry and “normal” by 9:00am (Mountain Time, 8 am to my biology for a while until I zone in) as we have our breakfast tea with dueling laptops. Ronnie also had some Sugar Pops, I mean, Kellogg’s Corn Pops; I was happy with just tea this morning. The early sun filtering through the majestic pines is lovely with that natural cathedral type light. Chiaroscuro on the ground cover and shrubs.

We’re planning on having a lazy day today. Yesterday was a long drive; and the drive up the reservoir road was especially enervating, exacerbated by the frustration of the closure in Glacier and failing to find a campsite easily. We’ll see how that goes.

Black squirrels must be from New York city – frantically rushing about in squirrelish frenzy. Ronnie just saw a bunny, too. I missed it because I was writing this. (grin)

Spent some time in the afternoon sitting in a camp chair on the beach while Ronnie got wet. Hot in the campground, cool at the beach with a steady breeze up the reservoir.

Literary milestone last night before bed. I finished the second, and major, fight scene between the legionaries and the night hunters. I hope people enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed creating it. It was pretty exciting for me to describe it “as it happened.” I felt the action and I hope I conveyed that at least a little in my prose. An additional milestone is that I broke 30K words by the end of that melee. Hooray for me! Maybe I’ll go back to that sex, errr, *love* scene chapter and finish that now. That’d be an amusing contrast. Maybe I’ll work on that sometime today or tonight.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment