Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Roadtrip Day 031


Roadtrip Day 031

8/8 Saturday

The rain started last night and was significant all morning until after lunch. Still having random showers and drizzles now at dinnertime. We’ve run the heater off and on all day. Obviously, it was a Camping Three Rs day (readin’, writin’, restin’), interspersed with snacking. Not much else to report today.

I made some progress on the flashback sex scene I’m up to with my centurion (the second such sex scene) but it’s slow going and it feels very awkward to write. I suspect it will be a lot worse than some I’ve read but it can’t be much worse than some others I’ve read, even in best-sellers. Maybe I can have a special editor for the sex scenes to help them along. Simultaneously, I’m on the third night battle scene against the maybe-vampires and that’s fun but I’m really excited to get to the point a couple of chapters in the future when the legionaries attack the creatures’ nest in the daytime. That’s a scene I’m looking forward to working on.

Looking forward to a return of sunshine, too.

2 comments:

  1. I think the whole vampire sex thing is its own sub genre now. Bears?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the flashback sex was between Flavius (the Centurion) and a woman before the century left General Crassus' headquarters. I guess I could engineer a sex scene between one of the legionaries and one of the maybe-vampires. Actually, two legionary scouts have just found the maybe-vampire "nest" and noticed goats penned there. One of the legionaries said to the other that it'd been so long since he had sex that he was thinking of doing one of the goats. GOAT SEX!

    They haven't run into any bears but they are in yeti territory. (wink)

    ReplyDelete