Monday, October 19, 2015

Roadtrip Day 101


Roadtrip Day 101

10/17 Saturday
Good morning. I did go to the late showing of “The Martian.” I enjoyed it. As always, it wasn’t the book but they did a pretty good job. Got back to camp after midnight. Sign at the gate said it would close at 9 pm. I expected to hafta park outside and walk in; but the gate was still open. Ha! So I drove right up to the tent trailer and crawled in with Ronnie while the huge, multifamily party was still going on, and kept on going for a good bit longer. Then they got up early and started in again.

Assholes.

Sunny today with scattered clouds, unlike yesterday’s consistent overcast. Got 10 new (kindle) books from my library 2K miles away. I love living in the future. It’s so interesting here.

When we arrived in Roswell, we hit the supermarket and scored some basics plus purple asparagus. Had those tonight with grilled pork chops and mashed potatoes (in honor of “The Martian”). They tasted like asparagus. At least they cook quickly. Like the Romans said, “Velocius quam asparagi coquantur.”

Crescent moon is lovely tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment