Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Roadtrip Day 294


Roadtrip Day 294

4/27 Wednesday

Happy birthday to me!
The rains came last night. Nothing tremendous but more of a Seattle-like constant drizzle, except warmer. Also, it’s cooler now than it was the last coupla of sunny days of around 80. A good day for birthday oatmeal, donuts, and hot tea. Good morning, birthday day. Grey and cool and quiet in these deep, green woods. Quiet, that is, except for the constant birdsong, day and night, which is very pleasant, except for one somewhat discordant, loud owl screech a coupla times in the heart of the night.

I have NOT finished my novel by today, which is disappointing; however, we have been awfully busy doing urban stuff and visiting people but now that we’re back in the woods, I am back to working on it. Also, I do have a concept for the next novel about Flavius and his legionaries and I’ve written the teaser for it to be added to the end of this novel. As they say all around the Caribbean, “Soon come, mon!” I believe that’s also the official motto and scheduling process of LIAT airlines.

68! Who’d’a thunk it?

Late lunch after a bunch-time breakfast. Still grey and cool but no return of the rain from last night. It’s supposed to last for a week or so. Running the genny now which is good cuz I used up my battery time on this laptop working on my novel this AM. It feels good to be back in the first century BC/BCE with my legionaries in the Hindu Kush. I had originally outlined my book to be 17 chapters. Today I decided to break up my original concept for chapter 16 into two chapters, so the original 17 has become 18 and there’s a new 17. Still looking at about 80K words but now in 18 chapters instead of 17. Plus the Epilogue of about 2K words. Plus the teaser for the next novel (about 600 words).

Ronnie is making dinner for my birthday, sliced potatoes sautéed in butter with diced pork chop and green onions. Yum!

Lemon Tastykake for dessert and a fun novel (not mine!) and it’s “Goodnight, Irene.”

Goodnight, Irene. And everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment