Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Roadtrip Day 335


Roadtrip Day 335

6/07 Tuesday

Nice morning. Not too hot and the humidity is lower than it has been. That makes a big difference. Nice sunshine filtering through the trees. Being right off the loop freeway there’s a good bit of city/traffic noise and we are apparently on some helicopter flightpath; but it’s ok. The forest here is pretty dense. They’d need a shitload of det cord to create an LZ.

Ran Genny for some charging and for me to steal some hotspot bandwidth from Ronnie. Uploaded posts to the blog as of yesterday, so I’m all caught up on there. Saw lots of churn about Hillary being declared the winner, apparently based on a poll. WTF? Oh well… Whatever. And it goes on and on and on. Also a lotta churn about the Stanford rapist. To those of you who don’t see this as yet another example of privilege in action – There are none so blind as those who refuse to see. Enough real-world stuff. Bah, humbug!

I connected to the library site and returned a few books and grabbed some new ones. I luva, luva, LOVE the ‘berry. It evokes so many memories for me. Working at the Metairie branch of the library where a couple (not all, but more than one) of my fellow librarians answered the phone with, “Met-tree Lie-berry.” I hope there’s an alternate quantum where there is a “True-berry”. Wouldn’t it be cool to wander through those stacks? But I have new books. For free. From three thousand miles away. Have I ever told you how much I love living in the future?

Oh, that often? Well, sorry. But I DO!

Mmmmmmmm! Ronnie just made a pepper-jack cheese and green onion omelette for lunch. I’ll be back later.

I added a thousand words worth of development to the snowflake model for TLC:CtD this afternoon. Can’t tell if it was worthwhile or just meaningless effort. Time will tell. That took most of the afternoon. I’m slow. We took a long walk around the campground as a constitutional and now it’s dinnertime. Not sure what to do about that. Let’s check the larder and figure something out. Also, the showers here seem to have decently hot water. Time for a cleansing at some point this evening. Then I can start one of my new (free) books from the ‘berry.

Tomorrow we go visit Cindy and her gang at their dock in Annapolis. That’ll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment