Friday, July 08, 2016

Roadtrip Day 365


Roadtrip Day 365

7/7 Thursday

Travel day and the anniversary of our departure – one year ago today. A year on the road – admittedly with a break for the Christmas holidays at home and I stayed there extra to do my kendo and iaido testing but Ronnie got right back on the road.

Breaking camp was mosquito brunch time. Damn! They feasted on us. But we finally got all our muddy, damp shit packed up and ready for the road. Cruised on down to our new digs outside of Minneapolis and set up in the HOT afternoon sun. Phew! After a little sit down in the shade, we went to the main building and put several loads of dirty clothes in the laundry. While they cooked, we hit the showers. Ahhhhh! Very nice. Refreshing. This is a well-set-up campground. With laundry done, we headed for some fast food (I hadn’t eaten anything all day and Ronnie had only had breakfast.) then a quick grocery trip. Back to the trailer and I took a pain pill and rested. Not just my knee but my whole left leg was really painful. Think I have a pinched nerve as well as basic bad knees.

 Better after a rest. Ronnie mad a hotspot and I did a quick online check – email and Facebook. And caught up on the news. If you don’t think the police are the enemy, then you’re rich and White or you’re stupid. When I tell people my procedure for reacting when stopped by the police, they scoff at how extravagantly silly I am but even as an old, apparently well-to-do White man, I don’t give those fuckers an opportunity/excuse to say I was “threatening.” Waaaaay back in the 60s, police apologists would say, “Well, if you don’t like the police, next time you’re in trouble, call a hippie.” Ya know, I suspect a hippie might at least try to help me rather than shoot me down like a rabid dog for no fucking reason. ‘nuff said on that.

Leaving to get Chloe from the airport soon! So exciting!

Got her! It’s late. A little snack, a little chat, and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment