Friday, September 09, 2016

Roadtrip Day 429 or Knee Surgery is Set


Roadtrip Day 429

9/09 Friday

In the time since my last post, I've created docs for each day but theres nothing significant to report. Just life at home.
So, Thursday evening we had a long visit with the ortho doc. He was running very late which certainly ramped up my nervousness. After a long discussion, we arrived at 11/11 for Dr. Anderson (called “Neo” - maybe “Knee-O”) to do both my knees. I now have a booklet and a list of things to do before 11/11.

Interesting tidbit. The doc said he generally likes to do both knees for people less than 65 but I’m healthy, fit, and motivated enough that I qualify. Joy.

So Ronnie and I will pop down to San Diego for the next coupla weeks, then come back home to do all the pre-op crapola before 11/11. Definitely a period for me to be religious about getting to the gym and getting my basic fitness and metabolism at the best possible level before surgery.

So it begins…

4 comments:

  1. Have Ronnie chase you around the house! You will kick this surgeries butt! On top of all that, we'll be able to call you the Bionic Graybeard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda like "Chiffon." Maybe I'll start calling you (*Robert* G.) that. Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mixture of both fearful and exciting anticipation, I imagine. Well done for being so 'young' that you qualify. Good luck.

    I was struck by this: "a period for me to be religious about getting to the gym and getting my basic fitness and metabolism at the best possible level before surgery." Having become much fitter and healthier since the discovery (via temporarily losing a good chunk of vision) that I have Type 2 diabetes, I have come to wonder why the hell so many of us have to have such threats hung over our heads in order to find the motivation to look after our bodies with the respect we deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly true. I always enjoyed sports but really disliked going to the gym for "basic fitness." At 68, it's time to be more rigorous or accept that I'll be failing more rapidly than I need to.

    ReplyDelete